- Supervisor: Amin Shavandi
- Research center: BioMatter unit Biomass Transformation Lab
- Research start date: 01.11.2020
I’ve got my B.Sc. degree of Clinical Laboratory in Paramedicine Faculty of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran and my M.Sc. degree of Microbial Biotechnology form Faculty of Science, Shahed University, Tehran, Iran. Also, I graduated in Ph.D. of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology in 2014 from Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (ranked among top universities in Iran) under supervision of Prof. Hejazi and Prof. Nazemieh. During the Ph.D thesis, I worked on isolation, biochemical and molecular identification of marine haloarchaea from Urmia Lack and characterization of carotenoid pigments produced by thesis isolates. Also I worked on optimization of carotenoid and biomass production using Response Surface Methodology method.
After Ph.D., I was working as Faculty member of Guilan University of Medical Sciences, Department of Medical biotechnology. My main projects were exopolysaccharide production by microorganisms (haloarchaea and yeasts) and applications of these biopolymers in tissue engineering, waste treatment (by removing of heavy metals) and so on.
My skills falls into two categories 1. IT skills: End Note, Word Office, PowerPoint Office, Statistical softwares (SPSS, Graphpad Prism), Minitab, and Bioinformatics softwares like: MEGA, DNASIS MAX, AlleleID. 2. Technical Skills: Bacterial culture and handling, bacterial identification and characterization, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, Real-time PCR, Electrophoresis, gene cloning, UV-Visible Spectroscopy, TLC, HPLC, LC-MS.
1. Sheikhi, N., et al., Evaluating the clinical application of nested PCR in the diagnosis of fungal infections. New Zealand Journal of Medical Laboratory Science, 2020. 74(2): p. 115.
2. Seveiri, R.M., et al., Characterization and prospective applications of the exopolysaccharides produced by Rhodosporidium babjevae. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2020. 10(2): p. 254.
3. Hamidi, M., et al., Marine bacteria versus microalgae: who is the best for biotechnological production of bioactive compounds with antioxidant properties and other biological applications? Marine Drugs, 2020. 18(1): p. 28.
4. Hamidi, M., et al., Production, characterization and biological activities of exopolysaccharides from a new cold-adapted yeast: Rhodotorula mucilaginosa sp. GUMS16. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2020. 151: p. 268-277.
5. Hamidi, M., et al., Evaluation of antioxidant, antibacterial and cytotoxic activity of methanol extract from leaves and fruits of Iranian squirting cucumber (Ecballium elaterium (L.) A. Rich). Research Journal of Pharmacognosy, 2020. 7(1): p. 23-29.
6. Rasool Mirzaei Seveiri, M.H., Cédric Delattre, Babak Rahmani, Sina Darzi, Guillaume Pierre, Hamid Sedighian, Clément Brasselet, Fatemeh Karimitabar, Shaghayegh Pishkhan Dibazar, Dariush Ghasemi, Jafar Amani, Characterization of the exopolysaccharides from Rhodotorula minuta IBRC-M 30135 and evaluation of their emulsifying, antioxidant and antiproliferative activities. Medical Science, 2019. 23(97): p. 381-389.
7. Masoud Hamidi, N.R., Fatemeh Karimitabar, Ardeshir Khazaei, Mohammad Ali Zolfigol, Iraj Nikokar, Rasool Mirzaei, Afshin Vanak Araghian, Study on antibacterial activity of newly synthesized derivatives of pyranopyrazole, pyrazolo[1,2-b]phtalazine and bis-pyrazole. Acta Microbiologica Hellenica, 2019. 64(1): p. 33-40.
8. Korosh Khanaki, M.A., Masoud Hamidi, The Effects of Urtica dioica and Lamium album Extracts on the Expression Level of Cyclooxygenase-2 and Caspase-3 in the Liver and Kidney of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2019. 25(1): p. 37-43.
9. Hamidi, M., et al., Characterization of a new exopolysaccharide produced by Halorubrum sp. TBZ112 and evaluation of its anti-proliferative effect on gastric cancer cells. 3 Biotech, 2019. 9(1): p. 1.
10. Zolfigol, M.A., et al., Synthesis of Indolo [3, 2‐b] carbazoles via an Anomeric‐Based Oxidation Process: A Combined Experimental and Computational Strategy. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2018. 55(4): p. 1061-1068.
11. Mohammad Hossein YektaKooshali , M.H., Seyed Mohammad Taghi Razavi Tousi, and I. Nikokar, Prevalence of group B streptococcus colonization in Iranian pregnant women: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Reproductive BioMedicine (IJRM), 2018. 16(12): p. 731–744.
12. Bashiri, H., et al., Dual preconditioning: a novel strategy to withstand mesenchymal stem cells against harsh microenvironments. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2018. 8(3): p. 465.
13. TABASI, M., et al., EVALUATION OF ETHANOL ON BACTERIAL CONTAMINATION OF COMPUTER KEYBOARDS AT TWO MEDICAL CENTERS IN SEMNAN. 2017.
14. Hamidi, M., et al., Halorubrum Sp. TBZ112, an extremely halophilic carotenoid-producing archaeon isolated from Urmia Lake. Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017. 23(2): p. 150-158.
15. Zolfigol, M.A., et al., Alum as a Catalyst for the Synthesis of Bispyrazole Derivatives. Applied Sciences, 2016. 6(1): p. 27.
16. Masoud Hamidi, K.M., Rasul Mirzaei and F. Karimitabar, Application of polyhydroxyalkanoates and exopolysaccharides produced by Haloarchaea in biopolymer and bioplastic industry. J Bioremed Biodeg, 2016. 7(5): p. 70.
17. Masoud Hamidi, M.Z., Masoud Delashoub, Mahdi Marjani, Fatemeh Karimitabar, Arash Khorami, Nayeb Ali Ahmadi, The effects of essential oil of Lavandula angustifolia on sperm parameters quality and reproductive hormones in rats exposed to cadmium. Journal of Reports in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015. 4(2): p. 121-128.
18. Hamidi, M., et al., Seroprevalence of toxoplasmosis among women referring to Shahid Beheshti Hospital, Hamadan, Iran. Novelty in Biomedicine, 2015. 3(1): p. 1-5.
19. Naziri, D., et al., Analysis of carotenoid production by Halorubrum sp. TBZ126; an extremely halophilic archeon from Urmia Lake. Advanced pharmaceutical bulletin, 2014. 4(1): p. 61.
20. Hamidi, M., et al., Optimization of cell growth and carotenoid production of Halorubrum sp. TBZ112 through statistical experimental methods. Iranian Journal of Public Health, 2014. 43(2): p. 242.
21. Hamidi, M., H. Mollaabbaszadeh, and N. Hajizadeh, Bioproduction of nanoparticles by microorganisms and their applications. Trend Life Sci, 2014. 3(1): p. 10-19.
22. Hamidi, M., et al., Optimization of total carotenoid production by Halorubrum Sp. TBZ126 using response surface methodology. J. Microb. Biochem. Technol, 2014. 6: p. 286-294.
23. Hajizadeh, N., et al., SEROPREVALENCE OF HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION BY QUANTITATIVE CHEMILUMINESCENT IN TABRIZ (NORTH WEST OF IRAN). 2014.
24. Dariushnejad, H., et al., Cell-Penetrating PEPTIDES (CPPs): A tool in modern biotechnology. Archives of Advances in Biosciences, 2014. 5(3).
25. Azizi, M., et al., Microbiological pattern and antibiotic susceptibility of agents isolated from Nosocomial infections, staff and equipment of surgery section and ICU of imam khomaini hospital, Ilam, Iran. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, 2014. 8(2): p. 1059-1064.
26. Kholoujini, M., et al., Evaluation of panel reactive antibody in renal transplant recipients in the Shahid Beheshti Hospital, Hamedan. 2013.
27. Hamidi, M.A., NA Bastami, Nezhad S, The Association Between Telomeres, Telomerase, Cancer and Aging. Journal of Ilam University of Medical Sciences, 2013.
28. Hamidi, M., et al., Determining the relationship between Epstein Barr virus and nasopharyngeal carcinoma by polymerase chain reaction. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, 2013. 22(1): p. 52-60.
29. hamidi, m., et al., Synthesis of antimicrobial peptides in bacteria. scientific journal of ilam university of medical sciences, 2013. 20(5): p. 149-157.
30. Hamidi, M., M. Hajilooei, and A. Bazmani, Association of transforming growth factor-β1 gene polymorphism with Visceral leishmaniasis in an Iranian population. Shiraz E-Medical Journal, 2013. 14(2): p. 123-129.
31. Hamidi, M., et al., Study of carotenoid production by Marinobacter sp. TBZ112 isolated from Urmia lake in north-western of Iran. Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012. 7(5): p. S492.
32. Ahmadi, N. and M. Hamidi, Unusual localizations of human hydatid disease in Hamedan province, west of Iran. Helminthologia, 2010. 47(2): p. 94-98.
33. Ahmadi, N. and M. Hamidi, A retrospective analysis of human cystic echinococcosis in Hamedan province, an endemic region of Iran. Annals of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 2008. 102(7): p. 603-609.