Update Call 2 - Evaluations still ongoing
All applications are currently being evaluated by external experts and will be ranked accordingly. Due to the confinement measures decided by many countries, this first step is taking longer than planned.
The next step is a panel review of the 15 best-ranked applications in each subdomain (Life Sciences, Physical and Engineering Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities).
The announcement of the final results is expected by the end of May.
Agenda - 3rd call
- May 1st, 2020Call opening
- September 1st, 2020 (17h Brussels time (CET)Call deadline
- September 2020Eligibity check
- October 2020 - February 2021Evaluation and selection
- March 2021 Notification to the candidates
- April 1st 2021 - September 1st 2021 Start of the funded projects
- Applicants of any age and of any nationality are eligible.
- Eligible applicants are Experienced Researchers, i.e.
- Holders of a PhD degree obtained max. 7 years before the call deadline.
- Applicants without a PhD, provided they have documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years prior to the call deadline.
An eligibility extension of 15 weeks per child is granted in case of maternity
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the 3 years preceding the call deadline.
There are no restrictions on scientific domain. A member of ULB academic staff must explicitly accept to supervise and train the applicant to integrate them in their group.
The Guide for Applicants for the first call will help you to prepare your application file. The Guide also provides detailed information about the evaluation and selection procedure, which involves three stages: an eligibility check, a remote expert evaluation and a panel review.
The applicant must identify a supervisor at ULB and obtain a letter of acceptance from them. If the applicant has not yet identified a supervisor, they can consult the ULB Research Inventory.
Please find below templates for your application file:
APPLY (deadline: September 1st 2020 - 17h Brussels time (CET))
Call evaluation and selection
The Guide for Evaluators describes the evaluation and selection procedure in detail.